It seems like you're on a slow connection, please wait. Refresh.

Forum - Q&A and Sharing of Experiences

This is dependent upon the works being undertaken. When appointing a contractor a timescale for works should be agreed upon at the start of the project.

It is advisable to obtain 3 quotes for the works before going ahead. This should give an average indication of costs, and best value for money.

As owners of property, you are reasonable for the works undertaken.

Depending upon the works planned to be undertaken, assistance may be available. Please consult with ACC, Home Energy Scotland (HES) on this matter.

Further information can be obtained from the website or alternatively calling free on 0808 808 2282.

Assistance is available to anyone staying in privately owned or rented property. For those living in council or housing association properties it would be necessary to contact your own relevant landlord.

Depending upon the measure being installed. Cost savings can be obtained from the following link.

Depending on the works being carried out, calculations are available through the Home Energy Scotland website to calculate the payback period (how long it will take to pay for the works from the energy bill savings made) All improvement works should be carried out by the relevant professionals. The appropriate insulation materials should be used for the specified job.

As owners of the property, you will be responsible for maintaining the property.

During the works being carried out, It may be beneficial to take photographic evidence of the progress. This will assist when an EPC is required to sell on the property. During the selling process it will be necessary for the relevant building warrants to be provided. Any guarantees provided should be passed on to the new owners.

This is one of the reasons to be mindful when appointing your building contractor. Make sure that they are part of a nationally recognised federation.

Whereby, say the top floor owners receive the greatest benefits should they pay more. Not normally, however this is something as a group of owners you can decide.